Dubai City Tour is a must-do activity for every traveler visiting the United Arab Emirates. The tour offers a fascinating glimpse into the vibrant culture, rich heritage, and luxurious lifestyle of Dubai. With so much to offer, the city tour ensures that visitors get to experience the very best of this world-famous city.
However, with a Dubai City Tour, you can discover the very best of the city, ensuring you don’t miss out on any of the wonders that Dubai has to offer. In this guide, we’ve put together an ultimate guide to Dubai City Tour, highlighting the best attractions and landmarks that you don’t want to miss.
Dubai Creek: The Historic Waterway
Dubai Creek, a historic waterway that divides the city into two parts- Deira and Bur Dubai, is the perfect starting point for your Dubai City Tour. Walking along the creek offers an insight into Dubai’s maritime history and its transformation over the years. Capture photos of the iconic Dubai frame and experience the vibrant atmosphere of the gold and spice souks.
Dubai Marina: The Glittering Gateway to the City
The Dubai Marina is an iconic destination that offers a dazzling spectacle of the city’s towering skyscrapers and luxurious yachts. On a Dubai City Tour, you can cruise down the Dubai Marina waters, indulge in some shopping or try out some of the best food in Dubai.
The Palm Jumeirah: Majestic Manmade Island
The Palm Jumeirah, an artificial archipelago shaped like a palm tree, is a true marvel of engineering. A Dubai City Tour provides you with an opportunity to enjoy a scenic drive on its fronds where you’ll catch a glimpse of some of the world’s most luxurious villas and five-star hotels.
Dubai Mall: The Shopaholic’s Paradise
The Dubai Mall is one of the world’s largest shopping and entertainment destinations, with over 1,300 retail stores and hundreds of eateries. A Dubai City Tour allows you to experience the mall’s iconic landmarks, including the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, KidZania, and the record-breaking Burj Khalifa.
Jumeirah Mosque: The Landmark of Islamic Architecture
The Jumeirah Mosque, an ode to Islamic architecture, is one of Dubai’s most iconic landmarks. Non-Muslims can appreciate and understand Islamic traditions and beliefs by taking a guided tour of the mosque.
Dubai Museum: The Story of Dubai’s Past
A visit to the Dubai Museum offers an insight into the history and transformation of Dubai from a small fishing village to the modern metropolis it is today. The museum is housed in an 18th-century fort and offers visitors an insight into Dubai’s past through artwork, exhibits, and audio-visual presentations.
Desert Safari: The Adventure in the Sands
A Desert Safari is a thrilling way to end your Dubai City Tour. Admire Dubai’s vast deserts through a dune-bashing, sandboarding, or a camel ride. The adventurous experience culminates in a Bedouin-style camp where you can appreciate Arabic hospitality and enjoy local and traditional cultural entertainment such as Tanoura dance and belly dance performances.
How much does Dubai city Tour cost?
The cost of Dubai City Tours can vary depending on the itinerary, duration, and the number of attractions included in the tour package. However, on average, a tour of 5-6 hours can cost anywhere from 150 to 400 AED per person (approximately $40-$110 USD).
What does Dubai city Tour include?
Dubai City Tour is a great way to explore the city’s iconic landmarks and attractions. With UAE Desert Adventures, tourists can experience a range of activities and sights in Dubai through their various tour packages. Here are some of the things that Dubai City Tours usually include:
1. Dubai Museum: Visitors can take a step back in time and learn about the history and culture of Dubai at the Dubai Museum, located in the ancient Al Fahidi Fort.
2. Jumeirah Mosque: One of the most beautiful landmarks of the city. Tourists have the opportunity to admire the mosque’s stunning architecture and learn about Islamic culture.
3. Burj Al Arab: The world-famous luxury hotel, and possibly the most expensive hotel in the world. Visitors can admire the hotel’s breathtaking architecture and even have a chance to enter.
4. Burj Khalifa: The tallest building in the world. Visitors can enjoy the stunning view from the observation deck, which is located on the 124th floor.
5. Dubai Mall: The largest shopping mall in the world, where tourists can explore over 1,200 retail stores, restaurants, and entertainment options.
6. Traditional Souks: Visitors can take a ride on a traditional abra boat and visit the Gold and Spice Souks to witness the lively trade in the markets.
7. Desert safari: One of the most popular activities in Dubai, where tourists can experience dune bashing, camel riding, and other cultural activities in the desert.
How many hours is Dubai city Tour?
The length of Dubai City Tours varies depending on the tour operator and the selected tour package. On average, a typical Dubai City Tour can last between 4-8 hours. However, the duration of the tour can be customized based on the preferences of the tourists.
UAE Desert Adventures, for example, offers a range of Dubai City Tours that differ in duration and itinerary. Their tours start from 4 hours up to 8 hours, depending on the tour package chosen. They also offer private tours that can be customized according to the tourist’s preferences.
Their most popular tour, the Dubai City Half Day Tour, lasts for 5 hours. The tour includes hotel pick-up, visits to popular attractions like the Dubai Museum, Burj Khalifa, and the Jumeirah Mosque, and a drive through Dubai Marina, Palm Jumeirah, and Dubai Creek.
For tourists looking for a more in-depth tour, their Full Day Dubai City Tour lasts for 8 hours. This tour includes all the inclusions of the half-day tour and adds a visit to the Miracle Garden, Dubai Mall, and a ride on an abra boat to explore the traditional souks.
Is there hop on hop off bus in Dubai?
Yes, there is a hop-on-hop-off bus service in Dubai that offers tourists a convenient and flexible way to explore the city’s attractions. The hop-on-hop-off bus is a popular sightseeing option, allowing visitors to explore the city’s iconic landmarks at their own pace.
Which tour package is best for Dubai?
UAE Desert Adventures is a reputable tour operator in Dubai that offers several tour packages that cater to various interests and preferences of tourists. Here are some of the famous tour packages that they offer:
1. Dubai City Tour: The Dubai City Tour is an excellent option for first-time visitors who want to explore the iconic attractions of the city. The tour includes a visit to attractions like the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall, Dubai Museum, and the Gold and Spice Souks. The tour is conducted on a luxury bus with air-conditioning and a tour guide who provides commentary on the landmarks.
2. Desert Safari: UAE Desert Adventures offer an exhilarating desert safari tour that provides visitors with an authentic Arabian experience. The tour includes dune bashing, camel riding, sandboarding, falconry displays, and traditional dance performances. The tour also includes a traditional Arabian dinner with BBQ, refreshments, and Shisha.
3. Abu Dhabi City Tour: Abu Dhabi City Tour is perfect for tourists interested in exploring the cultural and historical landmarks of the UAE. The tour includes a visit to the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, Emirates Palace, and the Heritage Village. The tour also provides a stop at Yas Island, where visitors can enjoy attractions like Ferrari World and Yas Waterworld.
4. Private tours: UAE Desert Adventures also offer private tours that are customizable according to the needs and preferences of individual tourists. The tours can be tailored to specific interests like food, culture, history, adventure, and other preferences.
Can we go Dubai without tour package?
Yes, it is entirely possible to explore Dubai without taking a tour package. Many tourists prefer to plan their own itinerary and explore the city based on their preferences and interests. However, for first-time visitors or tourists who want to experience Dubai in a hassle-free and organized way, taking a tour package can be a convenient option.
Can you tour Dubai in one day?
While it’s not possible to see everything in Dubai in a single day, it’s still possible to have a fantastic tour of some of the city’s top attractions in one day. That being said, it is recommended to spend at least two to three days in Dubai to enjoy and explore the city more extensively.
UAE Desert Adventures is a tour operator that offers a variety of tour packages, including Dubai City Tour, that can be completed in one day. The Dubai City Tour is a six-hour excursion that allows visitors to explore the city’s main attractions. The tour usually includes a visit to iconic landmarks like the Burj Khalifa, Dubai Museum, and the Gold and Spice Souks. The tour also provides a chance to indulge in a traditional Emirati lunch and take a photo stop at the famous Jumeirah Beach and the Dubai Marina.
While a one-day tour of Dubai might be a bit rushed, the tour package offered by UAE Desert Adventures is well-designed to allow visitors to experience the city’s beauty and diversity conveniently. Additionally, their tour guides are highly experienced and knowledgeable in providing commentary and insights to tourists, adding more value to their tour experience.
What is the cheapest way to travel in Dubai?
Dubai has an excellent transportation system, providing tourists with several affordable options to explore the city. Here are some of the cheapest ways to travel in Dubai:
1. Public Transportation: Dubai’s public transportation system is well-organized, reliable, and affordable. The city has two metro lines, buses, and abra, traditional boats that take visitors across the Dubai Creek. The cost of a single metro ride starts from as little as AED 2 (~ USD 0.50), while bus fares range from AED 2 to AED 7 (~ USD 0.50 to USD 1.90).
2. Taxis: Taxis in Dubai are relatively cheap, compared to other metropolitan cities like New York, London, and Tokyo. Dubai has numerous taxi companies, and visitors can use apps like Uber and Careem to book a ride. The starting fare for a taxi ride is AED 5 (~ USD 1.40), and the fare increases by AED 1.82 (~ USD 0.50) per kilometer.
3. Walking and Cycling: Walking is free, and cycling is an affordable way to explore Dubai’s streets, especially during cooler months. Dubai has several cycling tracks, and visitors can rent a bike for as low as AED 15 (~ USD 4) per hour.
4. Group Tours with UAE Desert Adventures: Group tours with UAE Desert Adventures are an affordable option to see multiple attractions in Dubai. The company offers competitive rates for tours to the major landmarks of Dubai, including the Dubai Creek, Dubai Museum, the Jumeirah Beach, and the Burj Khalifa.
In conclusion, a Dubai City Tour allows you to explore the best of Dubai’s attractions, landmarks, and culture. The tour offers a mix of adventure, history, culture, and entertainment, making it one of the best ways to experience everything that Dubai has to offer in a quick and efficient manner.